incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yan Ji <yanji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FYA new defect with tag [From Symphony]
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 01:10:31 GMT
Regina,
    The sample files generated by various version of MS Office including MS Office 2000, Office
XP, Office 2003 and Office 2007. We tried to search issues before file in bugzilla, but keyword
or search criteria maybe different, so there might be a few duplicate defects exist but hope
not too many.

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

On May 29, 2012, at 11:24 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:

> Hi Yan Ji,
>
> Ji Yan schrieb:
>> Recently, a few defects(about 70+) opened with tag "[From Symphony]". I'd
>> like to share with you what we(Symphony test team) are doing and the
>> meaning of this tag.
>>
>> In this week, we spent our effort on AOO interoperability testing, by
>> running sample files(both MS binary and xml file) loading and saving with
>> AOO. During this test we found there are some bugs exist in AOO but cannot
>> be reproduced in Symphony, so we filed issues in bugzilla with this tag
>> "[From Symphony]" to make everyone clear that specific problem only exist
>> in AOO but not in Symphony.
>
> Could you please tell, how the files where generated, especially which Microsoft Office
version you use to generate the file and which steps needed to generate such a file from scratch.
I have got MS Office 2010, but I'm not familiar in using it. There might be differences between
an Asian and Europe version of the MS Office suite. Therefore I will try to generate such
files by myself.