incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Separation of Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 01:53:17 GMT

On May 8, 2012, at 6:26 PM, imacat wrote:

> On 2012/05/09 03:00, Dave Fisher said:
>> (3) both sites then get brand.mdtext and topnav.mdtext which can be customized to
Chinese.

>    Sorry I do not understand this part. ^^;  I added brand.mdtext and
> topnav.mdtext for both directories, but they does not work.  The page
> titles and navigations are not updated even ofter succeeding updates.
> Did I missed anything?

Yes. To activate these SSI includes you also need to add a zh-tw directory to trunk/templates/
with a copy of ssi.mdtext that points to the topnav and the brand.

$ cd ooo-site/trunk/templates

$ mkdir zh-tw

$ cp ssi.mdtext zh-tw/.

$ svn add zh-tw
A         zh-tw
A         zh-tw/ssi.mdtext

$ vi (or emacs) zh-tw/ssi.mdtext

$ more zh-tw/ssi.mdtext
doctype: /doctype.html
brand:  /zh-tw/brand.html
footer: /footer.html
topnav: /zh-tw/topnav.html
home:           home

$ svn commit -m 'Add branding for zh-tw'
Adding         templates/zh-tw
Adding         templates/zh-tw/ssi.mdtext
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 1335884.

Checked and need to trigger a refresh by tweaking something in lib.

$ cd ../lib

$ emacs view.pm

(an innocuous change)

$ svn commit -m 'Trigger site scan to add zh-tw branding'
Sending        lib/view.pm
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 1335885.

Wait ten minutes for the large staging build.

You should then see your branding and topnav.

Regards,
Dave