incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Chery" <Ch...@mchsi.com>
Subject OpenOffice on eBay
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 22:00:58 GMT
Right On Larry
What a dork... Some people  ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Gusaas [mailto:larry.gusaas@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 4:00 PM
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: OpenOffice on eBay

On 2012-05-18 1:40 PM  Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> On 2012-05-18, at 14:18 , Chery wrote:
>
>> >  It is free!          Who would buy it from you?
>> >
> OpenOffice has always been sold on eBay and other similar sites. The
advantage to the buyer is that she does not have to download the app., can
have it around for future reference, may distribute it to those who
otherwise cannot get it (yes, she could burn more and I hope she would), and
so on.

How does this comment apply to selling downloads of AOO?  Note that the OP
said "I would like to get further information on how I could sell OpenOffice
on eBay, either via download and/or CDROM"

Anyone selling OpenOffice for download is a scumbag. I also would not trust
a download from anywhere but the official AOO download page.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind
theirs." - Edgard Varese