incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: [ML] Please state that the mail was approved and that the author is not subscribed to the ML
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 23:53:37 GMT

On 8 May 2012, at 23:32, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 05/09/2012 12:07 AM, schrieb Simon Phipps:
>>
>> On 8 May 2012, at 22:55, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>
>>> When you as ML moderator approve a post to a mailing list, please can you also
state that the author is not subscribed to the ML and that everybody who wants to replay has
to CC'ing the author?

>>> This would be very helpful from the start of the first posting.
>>
>> As a moderator, I am not aware of any way to do this; the moderator has no means
to add a comment to an approved posting. It is possible to tell from the message headers that
a message has been moderated, so perhaps you could add a rule/macro to your mail client to
add the originator as a cc on any reply when this header is present?

> I remember that it was possible with the old OOo mailing lists. I cannot believe that
this is gone even when here a different ML service is working. ;-)

> If you can tell me how to do it in Thnderbird I can give it a try.

Look for a header saying:

Messages with that header have been moderated and your client can flag them.

S.