incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: A wiki about how to support a VBA API
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 04:33:30 GMT
On Tuesday, 8. May 2012 at 04:08, TJ Frazier wrote:
> On 5/7/2012 20:02, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
> >
> > > If your changes show properly in the Preview mode, then they will be
> > > correctly saved when you Save. Sometimes the ATS delivers stale pages,
> > > so you might see the original page, unchanged, after the Save. The
> > > workaround is described in "Moving Day":
> > > <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Moving_Day>
> > > Taking a break also works; the stale pages expire and go away.
> > > Sorry for the problem, but it's quite beyond my poor powers to fix.
> > >

> > Thanks.... Time permitting, I will make some more changes as needed. The
> > important thing, however, is that it is already understandable :-)
> >

> I owe you one, for the help your (on-line) book provided, when I was
> writing the temporary GUI for the new encoding feature:
> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:TJFrazier/Encryption>
>
> I might never have found the Config Provider without the magic word in
> your example: "com.sun.star.comp." It seems that "comp." is not listed
> as a module under c.s.s., nor have I seen it mentioned in the Dev Guide.
> But it works.

...comp.. is typically used for the implementation name of an implementation object implementing
a service. It is possible to have multiple implementation for one and the same service. For
many services we have only one impl but for others (e.g. typical service provider interfaces
like a smart tag extension) we have or can have more.
The implementation used the last registered impl for a service when it founds more than one.
But it is possible to use the impl name as well to instantiate exactly the implementation
you want. Well that is an internal detail only and is used sometimes. But it could theoretically
be changed at any time.

Ok enough for now, when you interested to learn more about the details feel free to ask.

Juergen