incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: download page on the AOO project webpage
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 17:31:12 GMT

On May 4, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net> wrote:

here is on the project site at incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/. This page will serve through
the Apache Mirrors. The mirror operators are seeding these large binaries and we need to use
those as well.

>>> No. no. no.  We're trying to reduce the number of places where
>>> download logic lives.  If we have a download link for AOO on the
>>> incubator page it should just point to the download.openoffice.org.
>>
>> My understanding from past conversations on the binaries topic is that
>> we'll have SourceForge serving binaries, and MirrorBrain serving
>> updates. This will make easy to track downloads and have meaningful
>> stats.
>>

> And Apache mirrors serving source code tarbars and SDK downloads.
>
> And Apache /dist serving the hashes for verification
>
> Does anyone object to that as the plan?

No.

Where should the Source/SDK download page live? Project Site or www.openoffice.org/download/source/?

Does anyone object to a hidden page that is an experiment in producing download pages from
a file that describes the release package? That file can have the mirror policy for each type
of artifact.

I would also like to remove as much of the page javascript as possible.

Regards,
Dave