incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Feedback on the CMS
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 18:20:04 GMT
Hi Joe,

An enhancement idea:

On May 11, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> With 1100 builds so far the ooo-site CMS instance
> is only 350 builds behind www.apache.org as the
> most-used CMS tree so far.  I monitor the CMS logs
> daily to evaluate usage and this project publishes
> about as often as all our other projects combined,
> which really makes me wonder where we'd be here if
> the org had never created the CMS in the first place.
>

> The ooo-site is far and away the largest instance at
> over 9GB total.  The reason I'm writing here is to
> ask general questions about user satisfaction with
> the CMS:
>
> 1) Is there any aspect of the CMS that needs immediate
>    improvement?
>
> 2) Are you satisfied with the workflow, or are there areas
>    that could stand improvement?

In discussing improvements to the site we are planning to move the ssi.mdtext from the templates
tree to the content tree.

It would be really handy if we could trigger rebuilds within a subtree of content when a special
file like ssi.mdtext is modified.

Perhaps there is a way by using path.pm to grab the ssi.mdtext (which we don't want to make
into an html) and call a routine in view.pm that will rebuild a subtree? Any tricks? Callbacks
into the CMS?

Regards,
Dave