incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] Common layout and content for NL sites (was: Some issues translating download/index.html)
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 16:38:42 GMT

On May 13, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 05:47:01PM +0200, Simon Brouwer wrote:
>> Hi Ariel,
>>
>> Op 11-5-2012 13:25, Ariel Constenla-Haile schreef:
>>
>>> I wanted a left navigation div, like
>>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/why-product-left-nav.png
>>>
>>> It turns out it's not possible to do so without some hack:
>>
>> What about the navigation menu on the right at
>> http://www.openoffice.org/nl/ ?
>>
>> Putting it on the left would be trivial.
>
> It's nice, but it's part of a table design. I was thinking about
> a general approach, using the new tools we have. You can see the example
> in the API site: http://www.openoffice.org/api/ where the left navigator
> DIV is simply a MardDown text file: simple to translate, no need to mess
> up with HTML, etc.
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/api/leftnav.mdtext?revision=1291111&view=markup
>
> The issue here is that lib/view.pm only accepts a leftnav.mdtext for the
> main site, or one of the subfolders, like conent/api, but not for more
> internal subfolders like content/es/producto/

This is true for now, but we can always change what I did in view.pm and the templates structure.

We can move ssi.mdtext from the templates tree to the content tree. In view.pm we can scan
for ssi.mdtext from the current folder up to the root.

This will allow the available rightnav.mdtext and leftnav.mdtext divs in the page design to
be triggered at any level.

There will need to be special procedures when ssi.mdtext files are changed.

Regards,
Dave