incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [WWW] AOOo french website
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 21:32:55 GMT
Hi,

Le 11 mai 12 à 23:05, Hagar Delest a écrit :

> Le ven. 11 mai 2012 20:06:45 CEST, FR web forum <oooforum@free.fr>
> a écrit :
>
>>> Do you see them mentionned on the banneer ?
>>> LINK  : http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum/
>> And what so? This is not a fact.
>> We have mentioned only the main product for lenght string reason.
>> Unable to write all derivatives.
>
> For the record, on English forum (and some others too), the banner
> has been changed to:
> "User community support forum for Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice
> and all the OpenOffice.org derivatives"
> We can't indeed mention all the derivatives.

The visibility is essential, and you perfectly know that.

What I'd lilke to say is that's just a shame, with all the code I
contributed to OpenOffice.org and Apache OpenOffice, to never see
OOo4Kids and OOoLight mentionned in the forums.

Even worse : derivatives like NeoOffice and now LibreOffice who do
not  (and will probably never) contribute back to OpenOffice.org nor
Apache OpenOffice are systematicaly visible.

My english is limited, but "hypocrite" and "mishonest" are the first
words coming to my mind, and I don't fear to say it.

> If the ASF way is to take the decisions on mailing lists, I fear
> that the discussion should take place on the mailing list.
> Just my 2ct.

Of course it is, and it was my second point.

EOT for me too.

Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə