incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 20:47:50 GMT

On May 7, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 05/07/2012 11:00 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:

>>> Yes, for sure.

>>> That's good.
>>>
>>> An additional link to the (upcoming) official announcement (mail
>>> archive, blog post, etc.) would be good.

>>> Do you have any special reason to show download links also here?
>>
>> I initially had only the source files listed there but based on some
>> discussion (email) to use the Apache mirrors for the SDK as well I
>> decided to list the SDK here as well.
>>
>> I think it is common to list at least the source tarballs on this
>> download page directly because the src tarballs are very important for
>> Apache. Well for most of our users the binaries are more important but
>> for that we have the 1-click downloads on www.openoffice.org
>
> Don't get me wrong. These are good arguments - also because we are actually just one
of many ASF podlings.

> However, it is still another location to take care for any changes.

I would like to have a release defined by an xml and/or doap files which can be transformed
using xslt and other tools into download webpages in either html or mdtext. These files would
also be useful for other project processes.

That would become the one place for the build, qa, release, and website.

Regards,
Dave