incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] [USER EXPERIENCE] - Create ooo-ux mailing list
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 19:42:35 GMT
Am Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012 um 21:04 schrieb Paulo de Souza Lima:
> 2012/5/16 Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
>

> > On May 16, 2012, at 11:30 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > > From what I can tell, creating a new mailing list by itself does
> > > nothing to increase activity level in an area. We can look at the
> > > ooo-marketing and ooo-qa lists for examples of lists that were
> > > created, but then nothing much happened. They are buckets, not
> > > communities. And they never reached a critical mass of participation.
> > > At least not yet.
> > >

> > Please keep discussing UX here on ooo-dev. Everyone is interested.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave
> >

> Actually, I would like to know who else is involved with UX. I've posted
> some threads about this issue here and received few replies. As long I can
> see, there are three to five people wishing to start this up, me, Kevin,
> Albino and maybe we could count on Raul. When I created PT-BR wiki
> section, a guy who contacted me at my wiki discussion page (Adailton if I
> can remember), but I'm not sure if he is in this list, and I don't know if
> he is involved with UX. Anybody else?

I think UX is close related to dev and I would prefer to keep the discussion here on ooo-dev
for now. Use a well chosen tag [UX] or a longer one but the discussion should take place here
on the dev list. We can of course create a list on demand when we think the traffic is so
huge that a separate list make sense.

Juergen