incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Wiki, Forum Host Names
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 07:15:40 GMT

On May 29, 2012, at 11:54 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> On 5/29/12 8:49 PM, Hagar Delest wrote:

>>> IF (and only IF) a proper redirection for the old addresses is
>>> maintained, I think option 3 is the best one. We need to remember that
>>> both wiki and forums are quite old now, so there are tons of links to
>>> them on the internet, specially to the forums, pointing to user guides
>>> or solved threads. But if someone clicking on an old url is
>>> automatically redirected to the new one, why not? Maybe change
>>> forum.openoffice.org to forums.openoffice.org (there are more than
>>> one), but that's not so important.
>>
>> +1.
>> Redirection is mandatory.
>> Proposal 3 is fine.
>> 4 is not explicit enough.
>>

> well it is identical with my proposal several month ago, mean clear support from me on
this. The old urls were only used because of technical reasons... (CollabNet hosting, domains,
...) The new proposed urls make everything much more intuitive.

> +1

I'm discussing two items with Infrastructure.

(1) *.openoffice.org SSL certificate.

(2) Implementing what looks like the consensus for proposal #3

I knew this had been discussed before. I'm glad I came back for clarification.

Regards,
Dave