incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] AOOo french website
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 17:20:36 GMT

On May 11, 2012, at 9:35 AM, eric b wrote:

> Hi Shane,
>
> Le 11 mai 12 à 18:19, Shane Curcuru a écrit :
>
>> On 2012-05-11 11:57 AM, eric b wrote:
>>> Now, back to the question : who did these changes ?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Eric
>>>

>> Everything's in SVN, so we can (usually) see who changed what. ViewVC is useful if
you don't have the ooo-site tree checked out locally:

>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/fr/index.html?view=log
>>

> Thanks for the link. For some reasons I missed it.
>

>> Those two sites seem to have been in the /fr/index.html page for at least the past
6 months, apparently since they were imported, I think?

> To be honest, the fr site was controled by the same who are today at TDF.  Controled
is a gentle word. The same people did a lot of misinformation just before to quit.

> Now that the first Apache OpenOffice release is done, it's time to do some cleanup, and
put more Apache OpenOffice information. That's the reason why kind people like Vincent proposed
to join and help.

>> So it's not a recent change.  (I also see a lot of people don't include commit logs,
which is a shame)

> I'll read everything carefully.
>

>> It certainly is something that the PPMC should be aware of, and the fr site volunteers
to consider updating.

> Exactly.
>
> The idea is to share the decisions, e.g. adding other volunteers, and adding some consensus
in the choices. Currently the choices are suboptimal.

> Vincent Ruffiot, I proposed yesterday, is not a committer, but is serious and reliable.
I'll search what has to be done to grant him enough rights to help us maintaining the site.

Only committers can change the website directly.

He can submit patches from either a checked out svn copy, or through the Apache CMS by logging
in as anonymous.

If there are many and they are all good, start a [DISCUSS] on ooo-private.

Regards,
Dave