incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From fabian <...@netempire.de>
Subject Re: Size of page headder
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 13:06:28 GMT
Hi Fernand,

I programing in Java but I already did what you described below. The pagestyles contain the
the property "HeaderHeight" but as I wrote this always returns 0 independently of how many
lines I wrote in the header.
There is also the attribute "HeaderText" which gives me a XText of the Header content but
this won't help since it's only the text.

I haven't tried to iterate over the frames yet, this might work for me…

best,
Fabian

On May 21, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Fernand Vanrie wrote:

> fabian ,
>
> You can find it in the "page styles"
>
> Find my code belmow to handle some "text" i placed in a textframe (named "MyFooterFrame"
)in the footer, you can do the same with the Header. Do a xray on the pagestyles to have additional
information about the Header.

> Hop it helps
>
> Fernand
>
> Sub FooterText
> ' On Local Error GoTo GeenFooterFrame
> If (Not GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.isLibraryLoaded("Tools")) Then
>           GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.LoadLibrary("Tools")
> End If
> oDocument = thisComponent
> oStyles = oDocument.getStyleFamilies.getByName("PageStyles")
> oFrames = oDocument.getTextFrames
> xray ostyles.getbyindex(0)
> oFooterframe = Oframes.getByName("MyFooterFrame")
>
> oFooterText = oFooterFrame.Text
> oFootertext.setstring("")
> oFooterCursor = oFooterText.createTextCursor()
> oFooterText.insertString(oFooterCursor, FileNameoutofPath(oDocument.Url , "/") , true)
> exit sub
>
> GeenFooterFrame:
> beep
> msgbox( "Er is geen ""FooterFrame"" meer, copieer het frame uit een ander document en
ga verder" ,48)
> exit sub
>
> End Sub
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to find out the height of a document's header. Reading out the attribute HeaderHeight
of the page properties only returns 0 and getting the XText of the header also didn't get
me nowhere so far.

>> My goal is to insert a graphic at a user specified position of the page and for different
reasons I can't simply use page as anchor. Therefore I need to know the height and width of
the page margins and the page header to position the image independently of those dimensions.