incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for pt-BR list (Was: Re: Mailing list pt-BR)
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 13:28:11 GMT
Hi

On 2012-05-04, at 09:20 , Claudio Filho wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2012/5/4 Albino Biasutti Neto <biasuttin@gmail.com>:
>> In link[1] have information the list pt-br. I sending an test occur
>> problems, see:
>> The list no active ?
>> 1 - http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html
>
> Albino, we haven't a pt-BR list. Wasn't made when i requested it in the past.
>
> I think that today we can ask again if we can open a list for
> brazilian community.
>
> +1 from me.

Historically, as Claudio and others in the BR community know, I've long endorsed language-specific
lists and championed the BR project and effort. But I also really want to stress the importance
of communication. As Claudio can also tell, the level of communication between BR and the
International group (then, OOo), was imperfect, through no fault of… anyone.

I doubt that in the years since humans have grown wings; we still walk on earth and so are
never as angelic as others might wish us to be. Still: What protocols will exist to ensure
communication? (And this is true for any native-language sub-project or list.)

When I suggested the creation of the Regional Projects, I suggested that we use a wiki. Technology
has leapt ahead and wikis, too. So, RSS linked to a wiki might be actually useful.

Ciao
Louis