incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: What do we need to do in BZ after AOO 3.4 is released?
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 16:24:05 GMT
On Tuesday, 1. May 2012 at 16:41, Rob Weir wrote:
> Today, among the 100 version strings the users need to scroll through
> in BZ, we have "AOO340-dev".
>
> What do we want after we release AOO 3.4?
>
> Add AOO340? (Or just rename AOO340-dev to AOO340?)
Renaming sounds good to me and all issues with AOO340-dev should be moved to AOO350-dev.
Only some special issues that we propose and discuss for a 3.4.1 should get the AOO341-dev
version

> Add AOO341-dev?

+1

> Add AOO450-dev?

you mean AOO350-dev, correct?
If yes then +1

> Also, are there any "products" that can be removed or demoted to
> "components" under another product? What we have now is simpler than
> what we had with OOo, but it is still very complicated with a lot of
> "dead wood" at the top level.

We should upgrade BZ to the newest version where we get more flexibility to disable not longer
used products, versions etc.

And then we should cleanup the whole BZ.

Juergen