incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 05:47:47 GMT
On 5/29/12 7:18 PM, drew wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 13:15 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> Please do not do the second - I know that someone was putting forward
>>> the idea that a -1 vote on the first RC was enough to disqualify that
>>> person from serving on the PMC but that was something that I can't
>>> believe people in general would agree with.
>>>

>> A citation, please?
>
> Juergen talking about the fellow that didn't think a trranslation
> (Finish I think it was) was up to date - if you want me to search the
> archive I will but it is there.

it was indeed a misunderstanding and I indeed didn't understand the
voting of -1 at this time. But putting it in this context is really not
correct. I welcome everybody in the PMC. In this special case I tried to
highlight that the common project goal should be higher rated than
personal ones. But probably I wasn't able to find the correct words to
explain it ;-)

Juergen