incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <>
Subject Re: How to enable crash log for AOO3.4?
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 05:02:50 GMT
>> You know that you need a compatible pdb file of that build to get
>> useful information of the stack data ? Most probably you need a
>> memory mapping table as well...
> I've no idea about Windows, never tried the crashrep there. In Linux at
> least it is not that hard to get something useful of the it.

With the deep call chains in some parts of our code and libraries that
export only a small percentage of their symbols (especially the UNO
libs) it can get quite tricky though.

Speaking of this I think it would be a good idea to provide for each
binary release a package with additional debug info like the matching
pdb files or unstripped libraries.

I'm too in favor of resurrecting the crash debug infrastructure in one
way or the other.

View raw message