incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 00:55:16 GMT
On 2012-05-29 6:45 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:

>> There is a LOT to go through here. I was OK up until the "Prepare a
>> Charter" and then I'm confused. I see the minutes of board actions but not
>> actual charters(?) OK, I may have missed the essence...I'll move on.
>>

> I think Charter == Board Resolution.
>
> So we need something according to this template:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/templates/podling-tlp-resolution.txt

The template is simple, and comes after the graduation vote.  But read
the third to last para thereof.

It would be instructive to search "apache project bylaws" to see
examples.  While I'm pretty sure there are some projects that have never
actually written down bylaws (they really should), with a project the
size of AOO it would be useful to have at least a sketch of how the
project plans to govern itself written down.

- Shane