incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Poll about AOO in Ubuntu
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 15:26:10 GMT
On 5/29/12 5:00 PM, drew jensen wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 05:59 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti<pescetti@apache.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Anything else might conflict with Canonical's commercial interests and is
>>> thus a totally different issue.
>>

>> Oh really? ;-) see Shuttleworth's words on the LibreOffice fork and the
>> "radical faction" (sic)
>> http://ho.io/libreoffice
>>
>> Personally, I think he might be more inclined to add Apache OO to Ubuntu
>> than you think.
>
> Well, if you like the poll idea then I suppose you also like the outcome
> - people do not want LibO replaced w/ AOO.
>
> So, I hope from you (and others), this will the end of it.

I think we would be all happy if users would have at least the choice
;-) And the choice in a way that it is expected and common on the system
and comfortable for the users.

I would very much appreciate if users can choose and I suggest that we
focus on our project to influence the decision of users in a positive
way for AOO ;-)

Juergen