incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [ask for review]: Contribute hints and tips for three editors
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 12:01:51 GMT
On 5/28/12 4:27 PM, Jingbai wrote:
> Thanks I think How-Tos is the best category for those tips. Will link from there.
> And we'll change the name range page as suggested. Thanks!

it is maybe also a good idea to keep the hierarchical structure and put
all guide/articles under

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/...

We introduced this hierarchical structure for different areas (e.g.
Documentation, API, ...) and it can help to organize the whole on a
further level besides the used category keywords

The title can be shorten by using the
{{DISPLAYTITLE:<your_short_title>}} tag to view only the last part of
the url.

The hierarchical structure can be useful if you want do some automation
with wiki bots...

I personally like this structure but I am not sure what others think
about it. And of course it is handled differently in the wiki.

Juergen

> Best regards,
> Betsy
>
> 发自我的 iPhone
>
> 在 2012-5-28,下午9:23,Regina Henschel<rb.henschel@t-online.de>  写道:
>
>> Hi Betsy,
>>
>> Jing Bai schrieb:
>>> Here is a bunch of hints and tips to assist users when they work with AOO
>>> editors . They are short articles with graphics. Could community members
>>> review them and provide comments to us?
>>> We put them on the MediaWiki, since it is pretty straight forward.
>>
>> I agree, that all end user help texts should only be in the MediaWiki.
>>
>> But I wonder, why do you not use the MediaWiki syntax.
>>
>> But we
>>> have not yet link those articles in the main page category, could anyone
>>> suggest which category is appropriate to add those tips in? Many thanks!
>>
>> The MediaWiki has already a large amount of documentation. Please see the listing
under category Documentation. I think your kind of articles best fit under category Documentation/How_Tos
and can be linked from http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos