incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Who can help resolve one BugZilla problem?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 06:07:28 GMT
Xia Zhao wrote:
> I am reviewing all of the defects reported after AOO 3.4 was published. And
> category them to AOO 341 or AOO 35 version. But I found that for some
> defects raised before the versio value AOO341 and AOO350 are given in
> BugZilla, when I edit that bug, I couldn't find AOO341 and AOO350 value in
> version drop-down list?
>
> Who can help me on it? Many thanks.

I can help you with that.

But we should consider what the right process should be:
Either setting the target milestone to AOO 3.4.1
or requesting the "release_blocker_3.4.1" flag
or allowing both options and accept that this introduces some
redundancies and this makes doing queries more difficult.

On a related note the severity field has "blocker" and "enhancement"
entries that IMHO don't belong there. Removing them will be very
difficult though because all issues that have them set would have to be
re-examined.

Another minor nit is the version name. Should we name the releases e.g.
AOO340 when the releases before that were called OOo 3.3.0, OOo 3.2.1,
etc. and the dev snapshots inbetween had names such as OOO330_m5. In my
opinion the proper bugzilla version name for our recent release should
be AOO 3.4.0.

Are there other opinions on these topics?

Herbert