incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 20:34:08 GMT
On 05/28/12 15:00, Rob Weir wrote:
> Yes the situation was specifically postponed as a graduation
> issue, I am not going through that discussion again.
> I made a concrete proposal with two alternatives:
> - They are moved to a friendly ftp/http site.
> - I step down from the PPMC to avoid the community
> the pain of a -1 vote.
> Since this is a policy question, I assume a third option would be to
> clarify the policy?  That might make sense as the first step in any
> case.

We already went through that and it's pretty clear to me. Those
Category-B tarballs are there in an attempt to work around the
fact that we are only supposed to be using binaries.

No other Apache project is carrying sources and patches to
MPL'd tarballs in the repositories and, other than the
configure option, we are giving them basically the same
treatment as Category-A.

I won't spend any more energy on the issue but feel free to
do all the consultations you want, and don't take the second
alternative as a threat.

View raw message