incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 18:45:57 GMT
Hi Rob;

On 05/28/12 13:10, Rob Weir wrote:
> I'd like to start the graduation process, with the aim of being a TLP
> in time for the 3.4.1 release.
>
> The IPMC has a "Guide to Successful Graduation" page with a lot of
> detail and advice:  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> The calendar here is especially useful:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel
>
> It shows 4 steps:
>
> 1) a vote on ooo-dev (a community vote) on whether we want to graduate now
>
> 2) a discussion on ooo-dev leading to the draft of a charter for the new TLP
>
> 3) an IPMC vote on whether or not to recommend the podling for graduation
>
> 4) a vote by the ASF Board on a resolution creating the new TLP
>
> This thread is just a proposal.  It is not the actual vote called for
> in #1 above.  But I'd like to gauge current sentiment.  Are we all +1
> for going ahead?  If not, please list what pre-graduation tasks you
> believe need to be done first.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Rob

A reminder of a small, but IMHO significant, technical issue:

We do have to take the category-B tarballs out of the tree
before graduation.

In general we should also clear out any other unclear
content .. so I am not sure what to say about the
Symphony code since it also contains some code
that has not been fully IP reviewed.

Pedro.