incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [ask for review]: Contribute hints and tips for three editors
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 13:23:14 GMT
Hi Betsy,

Jing Bai schrieb:
> Here is a bunch of hints and tips to assist users when they work with AOO
> editors . They are short articles with graphics. Could community members
> review them and provide comments to us?
> We put them on the MediaWiki, since it is pretty straight forward.

I agree, that all end user help texts should only be in the MediaWiki.

But I wonder, why do you not use the MediaWiki syntax.

  But we
> have not yet link those articles in the main page category, could anyone
> suggest which category is appropriate to add those tips in? Many thanks!

The MediaWiki has already a large amount of documentation. Please see
the listing under category Documentation. I think your kind of articles
best fit under category Documentation/How_Tos and can be linked from
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos

> Document hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_document
> Spreadsheet hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_spreadsheet
> Presentation hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_and_tips_presentation

Comment for http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Creating_named_ranges

You are mixing named ranges and labels. That is confusing.

For me the shortest way to generate a named range is this:
1. Select the range.
2. Type the name into the 'Name box'.
3. Press Enter-key.

Kind regards