incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO 3.4 downloads by language and country
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 09:35:56 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> Aside from showing the diversity of our users, and the complexity of
> language distributions, it suggests some gaps.   For example, look at
> the top non-English speaking countries that have downloaded the en_US
> version: Sweden, Romania, Poland, Indonesia.  So strong interest in
> AOO in those countries.  Maybe we should reach out for volunteer to
> help update those translations?

Thanks, very good data. And yes, this can be really useful in guessing
what languages are most needed. Even though we might gather more
significant information by a per-country analysis of the 3.3
"check-for-updates" traffic once it's enabled again. But that XML file
will be distributed through the main openoffice.org site, so it will
need to be analyzed with different techniques.

Regards,
   Andrea.