incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Barton <>
Subject Incorrect Information About AOO 3.4
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 06:57:44 GMT is a very popular download site for free software and for
many years they have been offering OOo binaries for download. They are
now offering
Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe from this

While this is good for user awareness of our first release, some of the
information on that download page is incorrect and in one part totally
... And it's free

Best of all, can be downloaded and used entirely free of
any licence fees. is released under the LGPL licence.
This means you may use it for any purpose - domestic, commercial,
educational, public administration.

Note: As of April 2011, commercial development of project
has been terminated. LibreOffice, a fork of OpenOffice is now available
for download here.

Last week I contacted requesting changes to that page,
even offering to rewrite the page with the correct information, but have
not yet received any response. Unfortunately, the only means of
contacting them, that I can find, is via a web form: It may encourage the FileHippo
website maintainers to update the information about our software if
other project members were to also contact them requesting this change.

View raw message