incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO 2 million?
Date Sat, 26 May 2012 18:58:46 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> It would be good if we can find a way to distinguish those two
> scenarios when we enable the OOo 3.3 upgrades.  For example, a URL
> parameter, even if we don't use it in processing

We already have dedicated hostnames embedded in the suite (the one for
version 3.3 is update36.services.openoffice.org), so this is surely
technically feasible and it will enable multiple levels of statistics
(how many hits the update service -"Check for updates"- receives, how
many people actually go to the download page and how many of them
actually initiate the download). Which are all good to have, indeed.

Regards,
   Andrea.