incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][​AOO3.4.1] Status update - call for discussion
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 15:57:56 GMT
Il 25/05/2012 O.Felka wrote:
> Am 25.05.2012 12:17, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> - 119272 user directory file size grows to 160mb due to bundled
>>> extensions
>>
>> Can wait, we have already changed enough things in user directory.
>
> Yes, and it has been changed to the worse. We shouldn't flood the user
> layer for all upcoming new users.
> And it's a regression.
> We shouldn't wait so +1 for the next release.

My concern here is that this part already changed significantly for
3.4.0, with the result that the (few) people who reported problems with
OpenOffice 3.4 could always solve their problems by removing the user
profile and letting OpenOffice recreate it from scratch. If we modify it
again, we may run into similar issues. But if there is a way to do it
safely, no problems for me.

Regards,
   Andrea.