incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WWW] What to do with OOo related domains?
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 07:18:17 GMT
On 23/05/2012 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 05/23/2012 08:03 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>> I think the third option is the best. All those domains serve a
>>> purpose, to catch typing errors...
>> Good points. Option #3 is best.
> Simply +1 :-)

Sure. All good reasons and, besides those, it would be extremely good to
communicate that this project is actively involved in limiting
"typosquatting" (while of course we can't register all domains similar
to "openoffice", at least we redirect some common typos to the official
site).

If I recall correctly, Rob was preparing a post about other sites
offering OpenOffice, and it would be nice to include this information in
it, to show that we care about end users in this respect too.

Regards,
   Andrea.