incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject [WWW] What to do with OOo related domains?
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 16:21:32 GMT
As part of the transfer of the web properties of OOo to the ASF, the set
of related domains has also been offered to ASF.
We (PPMC) need to decide what we want to do with the related domains.
There are three obvious options available to us:

  * Ignore and let the domains expire
  * Continue to register to block squatting, but do no more
  * Continue to register and forward to oo.o

And...
Just to make things more complex, I've grouped the domains into two
groups.  similar-domains, nls-domains.
What are peoples' thought on what to do with each group??

A.

similar-domains

    www-open-office.org 	ooo3.org 	testopenoffice.org

nls-domains

    openoffice-pt.com 	openoffice-pl.com 	openoffice-nl.com
    openoffice-fr.com
    openoffice09fr.com 	openoffice-gratuit.com 	de-openoffice.org
    deopenoffice.org
    de-openoffice.com 	deopenoffice.com 	es-openoffice.com
    esopenoffice.com
    fr-openoffice.com 	fropenoffice.com 	it-openoffice.com
    itopenoffice.com
    en-openoffice.org 	enopenoffice.org 	es-openoffice.org
    esopenoffice.org
    fr-openoffice.org 	it-openoffice.org 	itopenoffice.org
    nl-openoffice.org
    nlopenoffice.org