incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX] Questions for users
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 15:14:11 GMT

On 05/20/2012 11:54 AM, Wolf Halton wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Albino Biasutti Neto
> <biasuttin@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> 2012/5/20 Paulo de Souza Lima<paulo.s.lima@varekai.org>
>>
>>> I think you mean "How old are you?" =)
>>>

>> Sorry, thanks.
>>

>>> Maybe we could contribute to improve those questions. My 2 cents:
>>>
>>> Are you using it at your work (ask where does he/she work) or at home, or
>>> both?
>>> Do you think you have enough support? Where do you use to get support?
>>> (manuals, friends, forum, mailing lists, etc)
>>>

>> Good!
>>
>> Open to suggestions. :-)
>>
>> Albino
>>

> Where will these questions be asked? During the download process? During
> the registration process? A poll on the web site?
>
> -Wolf

I'll throw my .02 in here.

Assuming we could get them to "register" somehow and supply an e-mail
address, would it be an idea to send them an e-mail like a month later
and get feedback *after* they've used the product for a bit?

No ideas about questions except for the general items like performance
issues, etc.

> PS Website polls 1 to 2 question open-ended questions (questions without a
> set choice of answers) have been known to produce very useful data-sets
> among users of public library services, and I would suggest that model as
> an interesting way to find out our own blind spots, regarding usage trends.
> Closed-end questions such as "do you like seagulls" can only get 3

MzK

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
                               -- Mark Twain