incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From tj ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 12:22:48 GMT
On 5/23/2012 05:16, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi,

[snip]

>>> Thus, I will do the following:
>>> - Creation of a complete XML document
>>> - Include entries for at least one languages for which we have currently
>>> no AOO 3.4 installation package.
>>> - Providing the XML document and possible variants on [3] for testing
>>> and
>>> verification.
>>> - Call for volunteers to test the XML document at [3].
>>> - Integrate feedback, if we want to have direct download links or
>>> links to
>>> a certain existing web page for manual download.

Answering your call for Windows volunteers:
On my WV system, I'm running 3.3 (installed), 3.4 Beta (ooo-dev), and
AOO 3.4 RC1 (parallel install).
Playing with "hosts" should affect all of them. Thanks to playing with
the wiki at an early stage, I already have a shortcut to my "hosts"
file; for the nervous, there's a nice writeup at:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_%28file%29>
Let me know if I can help.
/tj/