incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD][DRAFT] "other.html" created automatically
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 23:54:37 GMT
Am 05/22/2012 11:28 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> The page has not changed in IE9.
>
> However, if I select the correct-incompatibility option used for older sites, the page
comes through just fine [;<).

> I don't have to do that with the current static page.

Interesting. If so, you must have the same problems also for the normal
"download/other.html" as I've used this as a template for the new
"download/test/other_print.html".

> I suspect this has to do with JavaScript CDATA and comment tricks.  It might be good
to use a specific !DOCTYPE and not the one that implies HTML 5 validity.

I cannot see an item for HTML5 support in the header data of the
webpage. Source file, staging file and production file of the
"other_print.html" has "<!DOCTYPE html>" at the top.

Marcus

> PS: With everyone bitching about IE incompatibility for so long, the IE9 and later ones
have been made very strict with regard to standards compliance.  There is now a button to

has a link only for the "Important Notes."

> Yes, there are no labels inside the table, so links in the TOC doesn't
> make sense. I could try to put some in.
>
>> Also, the SDK Source has the tar.bz2 in the Windows column and the zip in the deb
column.

> The SDK links are correct. You may mean the source code tarballs?
> Regardless were I put them it wouldn't fit as there are of course not
> platform-specific. And to create an own row with a little header is IMHO
> too much for just 3 files.
>
>> The cells and the captions look clean in the Chrome presentation.
>
> OK
>
>> In IE9 there are no tables, although two of the captions show up at the bottom of
the page that does display.  Those are the "Language\the names do not refer to countries."
and "Type" captions, with no others.  These are down after the Copyright information.  There
is also some empty region on the left side of the page where it looks like the first table
should appear.

> I've no IE9 available, so cannot trest myself. With my Firefox I've
> problem. So, I would guess it's at least no general problem.
>
> Is it still a problem for you when browsing again? Maybe after deleting
> the cache and enabling/disabling proxies?
>
> Do others have the same problem or similar ones?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcus

 The only link in the top list is for "Important Notes."

>> Now I'm not sure what you wanted reviewed.
>>
>> I am using Internet Explorer 9 (Version 9.0.8112.16421 Update Versions: 9.0.6) on
Windows 7 x64.

--

Ciao

Marcus