incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal for a AOO 3.4 update service
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 07:43:53 GMT
On 21/05/2012 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> The redirect is established.
> Thus, please check in your AOO 3.4 installation, if the update
> functionality returns that your installation is up to date.
>>> [1]
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update38/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>>> [2]
>>> http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

Works for me but the URLs are different. I had redirected openoffice.org
(notice, no www) to another host and I kept getting an error, so I
investigated.

As one can see with wget, the current redirect is
http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
->
http://openoffice.org/projects/update38/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
->
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update38/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
which works but is probably not the cleanest way. Also, it would likely
be the first resource we use that depends on http://openoffice.org
instead of http://www.openoffice.org (in Oracle times, the first one was
used for Kenai resources, the second one was the website).

Regards,
   Andrea.