incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Comment] Apache software is always free
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 07:26:25 GMT
Shane Curcuru wrote:
> http://www.apache.org/free
> Any glaring errors? Anything I should add, or express more clearly?

I would add, when you state that the Apache License meets the Open
Source Initiative's (OSI) Open Source Definition, that it also meets the
Free Software Foundation's Free Software definition and thus it
qualifies as Free/Libre software. In the case of OpenOffice, which used
to ship under a GNU license, this would be helpful to users who want to
be sure that the license change gives them more freedom and not less
freedom than before.

Regards,
   Andrea.