incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [WWW] Some issues translating download/index.html
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 23:10:40 GMT
Am 05/21/2012 11:04 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

> On 05/21/2012 01:51 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

>>> I've found a wrong variable usage for the language. Ariel, please can
>>> you test again the staging file?
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/index.html
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>
>> Well I'm not Ariel but this link looks good! :)
>>
>> I'm going to publish it along with a change I have now, OK?

> Marcus --
>
> Your last change is now out there...and good work.

That's fine. I don't think that it make the download worse than before.

> I have just one minor comment now.
>
> I switched to Solaris as my user agent...and I get this comment...
>
> "A release for English(us-EN) is not available. Please choose from the
> alternative download webpage for another language."

Then this applies also to all other not-supported platforms like MacOS
PPC, iPhone & Co. etc.

> Could this wording be made more generic -- so it could be used with both
> language AND platform exclusions? I haven't looked in detail at your
> changes, so I don't know under what circumstances this will arise.

Should be possible. I'll think about it these next days. The DL logic
has to catch the not-supported platforms *and* languages and present an
respective text.

Marcus