incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Pozzan <pa...@z2z.it>
Subject Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 17:15:22 GMT
Il 20/05/2012 21:25, Dennis E. Hamilton ha scritto:
> I want to encourage all that you say here.
>
> I am not so confident that the openoffice.org approach (that is, what Sun allowed and
supported) is applicable here because the ASF as a foundation must operate differently than
a commercial enterprise.

> That can be a minor thing, once the guidelines are clear.
>
> Do you have suggestions on how affiliation with ASF and the Apache OpenOffice project
can be reconciled?  Need there be any?  If there is coupling between an NL community and AOO,
what arrangement do you request?

Of course there is no need to do exactly what Sun did, just take what we
miss.
There are already good examples of working local communities, so that is
a good starting point.
While some communities may have their organizations, I don't think there
is need to affiliation at this point. Everything can be managed inside
Apache OpenOffice project.

Paolo