incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal for a AOO 3.4 update service
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 12:05:55 GMT
Hi,

On 15.05.2012 21:03, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> The update URL for AOO 3.4 is:
>> http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update (plus
>> a query part ?pkgfmt=<pkgformat> for non-Windows platforms)
>
> Which leaves me wondering... What URL is OpenOffice.org 3.4 beta (the one from
> April 2011) using? If it is the same, then it isn't 100% correct to say that no
> updates are available. However, 3.4-beta is not a stable release and its
> installed base will become negligible compared to 3.4 very soon, so I definitely
> support setting up a dummy update service (at least, to avoid that users of 3.4
> get an error message).

As far as I can see, my OOo 3.4 Beta installation on my Windows 7 machine has
the same Update URL as the final released AOO 3.4.
Thus, these installations will not be considered. But, I think that the people
who had installed this version are probably active enough to be aware of our AOO
3.4 release.

Best regards, Oliver.