incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 07:02:35 GMT
On 20/05/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> we should start be listing concrete things that specific volunteers want
> to do now.   Over time then we can notice patterns in these requests

One pattern that already emerged is access to Pootle. We've seen
volunteers show up on this list, request a proper access to Pootle
(which now seems to be either "anonymous" or "committer", with no
intermediate steps) and Juergen having to deliver PO files by e-mail to
overcome this limitation. So, while there are workarounds, this is one
area where the project could be more inclusive; it would only be a
matter of allowing non-committers to register to Pootle as we already do
for the Wiki, so that we can track and evaluate contributions.

Regards,
   Andrea.