incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From win <wmbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EXT] LanguageTool extension may be included in AOO?
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 23:49:06 GMT
> Hi Marco,
>
> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 05:09:11PM +0100, Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I was wondering if the extension "LanguageTool" (
>> http://www.languagetool.org ) could be included in the release
>> packages of AOO since it is a grammar checker.
>>
>> I asked this to its author, Daniel Naber, and he told me to ask in
>> the Mailing List.
>
> The main issue to include this extension by default is its LGPL license.
>

> Regards

Link-Grammar may be an option.  Link-Grammar is used by AbiWord but it
is under the Link-Grammar license.  The license looks more compatible
with the Apache License, but that is just my personal view.  I am not
sure if there is currently an extension for OpenOffice to use
Link-Grammar.

More info on Link-Grammar:
http://www.abisource.com/projects/link-grammar/#download

http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/

This Link-Grammar License:
                                 LICENSE
                                 -------

    Copyright (c) 2003,2004 Daniel Sleator, David Temperley, and John
    Lafferty.  All rights reserved.
    Copyright (c) 2007 Mike Ross.
    Copyright (c) 2008,2009,2010 Linas Vepstas, Borislav Iordanov.
    Copyright (c) 2011 Linas Vepstas

    modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
    are met:

    1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
       notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

    2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
       notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
       the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
       distribution.

    3. The names "Link Grammar" and "Link Parser" must not be used to
       endorse or promote products derived from this software without
       prior written permission. To obtain permission, contact
       sleator@cs.cmu.edu

    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY DANIEL SLEATOR, DAVID TEMPERLEY, JOHN
    LAFFERTY AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
    WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
    MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
    DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS
    BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY,
    OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT
    OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
    BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
    LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
    NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
    SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.