incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Pozzan <pa...@z2z.it>
Subject Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 19:59:27 GMT
Il 20/05/2012 20:57, Paulo de Souza Lima ha scritto:
> 2012/5/20 Wolf Halton<wolf.halton@gmail.com>
>
>> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Paulo de Souza Lima<
>> paulo.s.lima@varekai.org>  wrote:

>> freely

>> for
>>> even

>> people
>> else

>> know
>>> it

>>> That's exactly what is happening to brazilian community. The most of us
>>> have not technical skills. But we are AOO users and we have influence to
>>> convince many people and organizations to give a chance on AOO. And we
>> are
>>> being striked a lot because of that, but we are standing still.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paulo de Souza Lima
>>> http://almalivre.wordpress.com
>>> Curitiba - PR
>>> Linux User #432358
>>> Ubuntu User #28729
>>>

>> Paulo,
>> I am not sure I understand either.  What is missing that would make it
>> easier for you to do what you want to accomplish?

Maybe is about what must be missed. Asking a volunteer to subscribe to a
mailing list with hundreds of messages in a month can be very
frustrating and also annoying.

> Hi Wolf.
>
> Nothing at all, actually. It would be good if we had a pt-br mailing list,
> but we are using a mailing list from Escritorio Livre Community. The most
> important for people up here,maybe, would have support and acceptance from
> AOO without many "bureaucractic issues". We are proud to help and we help
> for fun, without political or economic interests.
>
> I think this could lead to a polemic discussion and I don't wish to be
> polemic. Sorry.

Paulo, as long as you are looking for a way to get better processes you
cannot lead to polemic discussions. Let's find a solution togheter.

Paolo