incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Need guide for my first 'push'
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 19:38:35 GMT
Hi Ariel,

Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 03:43:49PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> Hi Regina,
>>
>> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 04:39:31PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm ready to push my first patch. But it is the first time and I
>>> need a guide how to do it.
>>>
>>> I have cloned from trunk by 'git svn clone ...'
>>> I have made all the changes, compiled and tested.
>>> I have done 'git commit -am' and controlled the changes with 'git
>>> format-patch git-svn'.
>>>
>>> But now I do not know how to continue.
>>
>> First, make sure you have committed everything:
>>
>> git status
>>
>> Then check out the last changes, so that your tree is up to date:
>>
>> git svn rebase
>>
>> If there was a merge, make sure your changes are still working.
>> Once ready to push your changes to the Apache SVN repo, simply do:
>>
>> * check what will be committed:
>>
>> git svn dcommit --dry run
>
> typo: --dry-run
>
>> * commit it:
>>
>> git svn dcommit
>>

>> More info:
>>
>> - git help svn
>> - http://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/git-svn-tutorial
>> - http://blog.tsunanet.net/2007/07/learning-git-svn-in-5min.html
>> - http://www.reasonablyopinionated.com/2009/06/git-svn-workflow.html
>> - ...

DOne, but it seems to fail. I get
$ git svn dcommit
Committing to
https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk ...
Authentication realm: <https://svn-master.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Password for 'pppregin':
Authentication realm: <https://svn-master.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Username: regina
Password for 'regina':
main/chart2/source/controller/chartapiwrapper/WrappedSymbolProperties.cxx
No such file or directory: Can't create temporary file from template
'/cygdrive/c/AOO_2012_05_g
it/trunk/C:/cygwin/tmp/svn-XXXXXX': No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line
  579

What is wrong?

Kind regards