incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD] Improved webpage and scripts
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 15:01:54 GMT
Am 05/19/2012 03:09 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Hi all,
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/index_aoo.html
>
> In the last hours and days I've worked on the DL scripts. The following
> was done:
>
> - In the sub-green box, shorten the text to make space for links to
> checksum files directly. (Suggetion from Juergen)
>
> - Extend the getLink() function to accept a specific ISO code to get
> forced to build a download URL for a specific language (and not only
> recognize the browser's ISO code). So, on a NL website you will
> always get a suitable localized build. (Suggestion from Ariel)

I've added native language names to the languages array. Now the
translation of the "index.html" file will be easier as the English name
(e.g., Spanish) can be shown in the respective native language (e.g.,
EspaƱol).

@Ariel:
Another feature for you for testing the "es" webpages. :-)

> - Extended the logic to recognize "IceWeasel" to create download URL
> with deb package.
>
> - In the green box, name clearly the platform and package that
> will be downloaded. Example:
>
> "Click to start downloading the most recent version for
> Linux 64-bit (DEB) and English (US)."
>
> - Delete all stuff that has to do with Bouncer as it is not used since
>  >2 years.
>
> - Delete all stuff that has to do with file name schema "old" as it is
> not used since >2 years.
>
> - Delete all stuff that has to do with offering JRE builds as we won't
> do any longer builds with included JRE.
>
> - Furthermore, a lot of code parts and functions were touched to rework
> still needed things or delete old stuff.

The "languages.js" file was cleaned-up with no longer needed stuff for
JRE and Mac builds and a new column with native language names was added.

> You will see only the first 4 items on the webpage. The others are in
> the JS scripts only.
>
> For any problem reports the data from
> "http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/analyze.html" and text
> and link from the green box would be very helpful.
>
> I hope everything is still working. But I'm sure you will tell me. ;-)
>
> CU tomorrow
>
> Marcus

If no bigger problems will arise, then I plan the switch-over
("index_aoo.html" into the real "index.html") for tomorrow (Sunday).

Marcus