incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject [DOWNLOAD] Improved webpage and scripts
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 01:09:35 GMT
Hi all,

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/index_aoo.html

In the last hours and days I've worked on the DL scripts. The following
was done:

- In the sub-green box, shorten the text to make space for links to
   checksum files directly. (Suggetion from Juergen)

- Extend the getLink() function to accept a specific ISO code to get
   forced to build a download URL for a specific language (and not only
   recognize the browser's ISO code). So, on a NL website you will
   always get a suitable localized build. (Suggestion from Ariel)

- Extended the logic to recognize "IceWeasel" to create download URL
   with deb package.

- In the green box, name clearly the platform and package that
   will be downloaded. Example:

   "Click to start downloading the most recent version for
   Linux 64-bit (DEB) and English (US)."

- Delete all stuff that has to do with Bouncer as it is not used since
   >2 years.

- Delete all stuff that has to do with file name schema "old" as it is
   not used since >2 years.

- Delete all stuff that has to do with offering JRE builds as we won't
   do any longer builds with included JRE.

- Furthermore, a lot of code parts and functions were touched to rework
   still needed things or delete old stuff.

You will see only the first 4 items on the webpage. The others are in
the JS scripts only.

For any problem reports the data from
"http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/analyze.html" and text
and link from the green box would be very helpful.

I hope everything is still working. But I'm sure you will tell me. ;-)

CU tomorrow

Marcus