incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [WWW] Some issues translating download/index.html
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 16:15:18 GMT
Am 05/10/2012 12:56 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 05/10/2012 12:48 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>> Am 05/09/2012 11:50 PM, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
>>>
>>> Hi Marcus,
>>>
>>> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 11:02:02PM +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>>>>>> * I had to make a copy of exceptions.css to adapt the
>>>>>>> cachedimages/*.png
>>>>>>> URLs
>>>>
>>>> It's easy to change the URLs in the file to absolute pathes. If you
>>>> have no others changes done, then you can include the original CSS
>>>> file. No need to have an own one.
>>>
>>> I know, I was trying to do the translation without touching any file in
>>> content/download/, so I copied the css file with the modified URLs; then
>>> I realized I also needed to turn off language detection and force "es"
>>> language download (which implies modifying some files in
>>> content/download, unless some one has a better idea - doable in the
>>> short time).
>>
>> Localization was really no point when the DL scripts were created in the
>> old project. Also because every NL community was allowed to do their own
>> thing.
>>
>> The URL is assembled with this line of code:
>>
>> LINK = getLink( VERSION, MIRROR, SCHEMA );
>>
>> The getLink() function calls somewhen the getLanguage() function to get
>> the ISO code. So, currently no chance to throw in a "es" term.
>>
>> But from your patch I can see that you have already found a solution.
>> I'm no expert but it looks good. But I think it's possible to make it
>> more clean and generic for others.
>>
>> For example, the getLink() function could be extended to accept an ISO
>> code to get forced to assemble a download URL for a specific language:
>>
>> LINK = getLink( VERSION, LANGUAGE, MIRROR, SCHEMA );
>>
>> Then you can include the default CSS (then with the absolute pathes) and
>> JS files (the big advantage !), localize the "index.html" and just
>> exchange "LANGUAGE" with "es".
>
> I've added this to the Wiki page for improvements.

I've finished this work. Now it's working as described above.

I would like to commit this but don't want to rubbish your work on the 
Spanish webpages. So, please tell when we can come together.

Thanks

Marcus

Mime
View raw message