incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal for a AOO 3.4 update service
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 19:03:18 GMT
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> The update URL for AOO 3.4 is:
> http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update (plus
> a query part ?pkgfmt=<pkgformat> for non-Windows platforms)

Which leaves me wondering... What URL is OpenOffice.org 3.4 beta (the
one from April 2011) using? If it is the same, then it isn't 100%
correct to say that no updates are available. However, 3.4-beta is not a
stable release and its installed base will become negligible compared to
3.4 very soon, so I definitely support setting up a dummy update service
(at least, to avoid that users of 3.4 get an error message).

Regards,
   Andrea.