incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal for a AOO 3.4 update service
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 12:11:20 GMT
Hi,

 From my point of view it would make sense to reactivate a simple update service
for AOO 3.4.

The update URL for AOO 3.4 is:
http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update (plus
a query part ?pkgfmt=<pkgformat> for non-Windows platforms)

As this URL resolves to nothing, the user currently gets the following response
from the update functionality in AOO 3.4:

I propose provide the following XML document when a HTTP GET request to the
above given URL is made:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<inst:description xmlns:inst="http://installation.openoffice.org/description">
</inst:description>

Kay already made such an XML document available at:
http://www.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

This response would allow the update functionality in AOO 3.4 to return to the
user that the version is up to date.

Thus, to reactivate an working update service for AOO 3.4 a redirection is needed.

Can somebody make this happen?
I have to admit that do not have the knowledge to do it on my own.

Best regards, Oliver.