incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: manuals on OpenOffice
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 23:51:54 GMT
Paulo de Souza Lima wrote:
> Our doubt is: The manuals will be kept under GNU License or should we wait
> for further discussions in order to define this issue?

The books listed at your link,
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT
will not be relicensed. On the other hand, they were never the
"official" documentation of OpenOffice or other suites, so the situation
is exactly the same as it used to be. Draft of those book for Apache
OpenOffice 3.4 were announced on this list:
http://www.odfauthors.org/apache-openoffice/english/user-guides/getting-started-3.4/drafts

Then this project might want to produce "official" documentation
different from the OOoAuthors books and suitable for inclusion in the
release, but this is a totally different story.

Regards,
   Andrea.