incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: manuals on OpenOffice
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 21:03:27 GMT
Raul Pacheco da Silva wrote:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT
> I saw that these manuals are under the GNU ...
> are showing that these documents OOOautohrs
> We can make some indication in this direction and use the license at the end of
> the Apache Incubator

I don't completely understand what you mean (and of course I am not a
lawyer), but if you mean that you translated the OOoAuthors
documentation and you would like to relicense your translation under the
Apache license, this is not possible nor necessary:

- not possible because translation counts as derived work, so it
inherits the GPL[+CC-BY] license and you can't change it unless the
English version changes its license too.

- not necessary because these guides have never been included in a
release of OpenOffice and are not officially part of the project, and
these would be the cases where license incompatibility matters. So if
you wish to update/translate them, nothing changed due to the OpenOffice
codebase license change.

Regards,
   Andrea.